Tuesday, July 22, 2008

JULY 22

Scotland is beautiful and I love it. Today was like my favorite day ever, we went to Sir Walter Scott house and it was a beautifully sunny day. You should have seen his study. you will totally have one just like it when we build our dream house. It was one big room that had a terrace on the inside that had a ladder that went up to it and shelves of books that surround it. I would have taken a picture but we weren't allowed. The UK really does gardens right. His gardens were amazing and the grass was the softest grass I've ever felt in my life. It was like a pillow so i layed down outside in the beautiful sun and basked for like 30 min. It was so nice to feel the rays on my skin. Today we also went to some ruins of Hadrians wall, which was built by the romans and was a fortress against the scottish barbarians lol. It was quite a feat extending from sea to sea. It was really cool to see the ruins of a 2000 year old wall. So then this morning I am woken up to none other than the fire alarm. The whole hostel, which was a transformed mideval castle, was evacuated. Did I mention this happened at 4:30 in the morning. So the alarm goes off and we walk up to our room and just our luck the room next door to ours is the only room in the entire hostel that the alarm was still going off in. I've had an interesting day lol. Now I'm in Edinburough and just ate the best fish and chips of my life. So greasy but so good. don't worry I'll do sit ups tonight. Everyone is in such a bad mood today its no fun. Probly because of the stupid fire alarm. I am going on a hike at six tomorrow morning and all I brought were rainbows (the shoes of champions). It will be interesting.

No comments: