Wednesday, July 2, 2008

JULY 02



















So today we got up early and slept on the bus. For the part I wasn't sleeping it was the most beautiful drive through a countryside that is absolutely amazing. There were fields of green spinkled with georgous patches of yellow. We reached stonehenge and it was surreal. I couldn't believe I was actually there. It is much smaller in real life than it is made out to be on the discovery channel. I learned that they used deer antlers and cow shoulder bones as their primitive tools to build the place. And that much of it is gone because people used to bring a jack hammer and cut off pieces of it for a keepsake. This actually happened a few nights ago. Anyways it was undescribable. what was really fun was playing with the holland kids. They have a little boy named danny and a girl named grace who are absolutely adorable and what do you know they love me lol. Danny sat on my lap the whole way back. we played on the grass outside stonehenge and they told me stories about their grandpa (Jeffery R) which was really cool. They are such a great family. Then we got back on the bus and made our way to Bath. This place is really cool because in the time of the roman empire the romans conqured england and many settled here. they build huge baths in these natural hot spings that at the time they couldn't explain so they blamed them on the gods. Don't worry I put my foot in. It was so cool because they had a holigraph projection of romans in along the walls that looked so real. this was the city that Jane Austing spend a lot of her time and where many of her novels take place. It is absolutely georgous. It was surprisingly clean and just so european and nice. Don't worry there are plenty of pictures. I hope that you day is going well. I'm not going to lie my day could have been way better if I wasn't worried about you the whole time.

No comments: